Chembe Ventures is an Irish owned company which provides seed capital to mobile application developers, social media start-ups and web ventures in East and Southern Africa. We’re sponsoring this competition to encourage innovative mobile solutions to assist residents in urban communities address a specific or general security problem. One prize of US $5,000 will be awarded to the winning entry. On top of that, we’re offering a potential further US $5,000 or more of investment and pilot testing capital to the winning team or individual.
- Entrants must be registered as a developer in the Betavine community
- Entries need to be written in English
- Entries must be designed for deployment in one of the following countries: Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa or Tanzania.
- This challenge is all about helping residents living in low-income, densely populated urban areas improve their personal security.
- early warning notifications of criminal activity, violence or other security threats
- assistance for families, communities at risk of crime
- reducing crime, preventing the spread of violence
- location, identification and assistance of victims of violence or crime
Entries must provide solutions under one or more of the following headings: