Lighting Africa is a World Bank Group initiative aimed at providing up to 250 million people in Sub-Saharan Africa with access to non-fossil fuel based, low cost, safe, and reliable lighting products with associated basic energy services by the year 2030.
The Lighting Africa project was launched in September 2007 to help develop a robust off-grid lighting market in the region. The conference aims to:
- increase awareness of the market opportunities for lighting products and
- link global investors with local suppliers and service providers
- promote networking among entrepreneurs
- share market intelligence and model business structures for lighting projects
- showcase innovative products and promote business development