AfricaBio is a non-political, non-profit biotechnology association for the safe, ethical and responsible research, development and application of biotechnology and its products. The Association also serves as a forum for informed dialogue on biotechnological issues in Africa.
Overall objectives include:
- To provide expert advice to specific ministries and administrations.
- To provide information on national and international regulatory legislation that can influence the use, production or marketing of biotechnology products.
- To provide current information and supportive measures to its members to ensure that biotechnology is accurately represented at all levels of society.
- To provide information to all members and interested parties on key issues affecting biotechnology in South Africa.
- To provide regular forums for exchange of information.
- To facilitate research and development, education and training projects required by members.