How it works: four steps
1. Candidates apply to attend one conference in either Long Beach or Oxford. Individuals can apply directly or be nominated by others. We'll also directly recruit potential Fellows and invite them to apply. Applications for TEDGlobal 2009 will open February 23, 2009. Email email@example.com to be reminded when applications open. Please include your name, title, organization, email address, and country.
2. We'll choose 25 people to attend each conference as Fellows (50 per year).
3. In 2010, after the 2009 conferences, we'll choose 20 from 50 of the previous year's participants for the three-year TED Senior Fellows Program, bringing them to five additional conferences (for a total of six).
4. We'll recruit 50 new Fellows each year, resulting in 20 Senior Fellows each following year. By 2012, we'll have 50 TED Fellows annually (split between Long Beach and Oxford) and 60 concurrent Senior Fellows.
At TEDIndia in Mysore in November 2009, we'll replicate our successful TEDAfrica 2007 program by bringing 100 Fellows together from around the subcontinent and beyond. Working with the Indian School of Business in Hyderabad, we plan to establish a follow-up network and Fellows meeting. Complete program details are forthcoming.
To participate, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Logan at the TED office in New York at +1 212 346 9333.
Benefits to Fellows
- Attendance to one TED or TEDGlobal Conference with all expenses paid (conference, travel, room and board)
- Participation in Fellows pre-conference activities
- Private social networking on TED.com
- Potential to speak on the TED Fellows or TED University stage
- Potential to have that talk posted on TED.com
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Full attendance and participation at the Conference
- Submission of a post-conference report
- Regular posting on the TED Fellows Blog